Housing Innovation Award Winners Four Years Running–the inside view
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Housing Innovation Awards has recognized the very best in innovation on the path to zero energy ready homes. The Housing Innovation Awards recognize forward-thinking builders for delivering American homebuyers with the home of the future, today.
This case study series compiles the performance reports of these homes and goes into detail about the building and performance features. Our team of home building experts is dedicated to creating homes that are functional and comfortable as well as high functioning and energy-efficient. We work with our customers to create new construction homes that are built on time and within budget.
View Key Features and Build Details of Award-Winning High-Performance Homes:
- With deep overhangs, covered porches, and fiber cement siding these Chicago area homes are protected from the elements
- High-performance insulation system for enhanced quiet and comfort
- Comprehensive draft protection
- Fresh air system for cleaner indoor air
- High-efficiency comfort system
- Energy Star appliances and advanced LED lighting add to energy savings
- Complete water protection system
- Much more...
“BrightLeaf took care to ensure the foundation was solid, prevent the possibility of a basement flood, install insulation that was above building code requirements, and select an HVAC system that was efficient in order to last and result in low utility bills over the long run. … We’ve been living in our home a little less than a year now and we have not been disappointed. I think our most expensive gas bill for a 2,100-square-foot home was about $35.”
– Homeowners of Award-Winning Home